To apply for this position, please submit a completed employment application and resume to the email address listed to the right side of this page. There, you will find a link to download an OCV employment application.
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Manages and directs the organization toward its primary technological objectives, based on long-term product and profitability goals, by performing the below duties. Supports Production and Sales with Product Definition, Design, and Function.
- Works with product development, sales, and marketing to understand, determine, and meet customer expectations for products and services
- Manages Bills of Materials, New Part & Assembly Setup, Schematics, etc.
- Provides engineering guidance to management in order to establish current and long range objectives, plans, and policies.
- Assists assembly, shop and other internal customers with support, troubleshooting, etc. Ensuring finished product meets the intended design and customer needs.
- Assists External customers with support, product knowledge, troubleshooting services, etc. (In some cases, may require on site support and training and/or production startup support.)
- Provides advice, guidance, direction and authorization to carry out our major plans and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting with department development, including cross training of department employees.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
- Helps identify and document critical information and records as needed.
- Applications Engineering, troubleshooting, mechanical design, hydraulic design and maintenance of the control valve line.
- Assists with UL, FM, and other Certification projects and inspectors as needed.
- Interprets job specifications and provides technical documents for the sales department to quote valves.
- Provides Back Up to other functions in Engineering as needed.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Applied Learning – Ability to participate in needed learning activities in a way that makes the most of the learning experience.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Project Management – Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Team Builder – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Change Management – Ability to encourage others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities.
- Business Acumen – Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Innovative – Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Conceptual Thinking – Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Systems Analysis – Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Adaptability – Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Motivation – Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Detail Oriented – Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent, Field of Study: Engineering or Engineering Technology
Experience: 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ProE and/or Solid Works, Adobe Illustrator and/or Microsoft Visio software; ERP Software (Dynamics or M2M Manufacturing software preferred); Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software and Microsoft Word word processing software.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid US passport.
Other Requirements: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Frequent Sitting, Speaking, Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 10lbs or Less; Occasional Standing, Walking, Reaching, Climbing, Crawling, Manually Manipulating, Squatting, Bending, Grasping, Lifting/Carrying/Pushing/Pulling 50lbs or less.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
We offer a wide variety of company benefits:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Flex Benefit Plan – health and dependent care
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary-based life insurance
- Company-paid telehealth benefit
- Company provided Employee Assistance Plan
- Supplemental Aflac insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous PTO benefit
- 11 paid holidays, including employee birthday and anniversary holiday
- Tuition Assistance Program
OCV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, medical condition or disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any unsolicited resume or other candidate submittal sent to OCV, or subsidiary company, including unsolicited resumes sent to an OCV mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to OCV employees, will be considered OCV property. OCV will consider any candidate for whom a(n) Recruiter/Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter/Agency free of any charges or fees.