To apply for this position, please submit a completed employment application and resume to the email address listed to the right side of this page. There, you will find a link to download an OCV employment application.
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Receive, inspect, test, sort, sample, weigh, and stock raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment. Works with SVP of QA & Engineering and plans and conducts activities concerning the QA of products.
Includes, but not limited to:
- Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, or storage yards.
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Dispose of damaged or defective items or return them to vendors according to company policy.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, or work for conformance to specifications.
- Evaluate quality of materials or products.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers. Read work orders or other instructions to determine product specifications or materials requirements.
- Record operational or production data.
- Read blueprints, data, manuals, or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas, or measuring instruments required. Sort materials or products for processing, storing, shipping, or grading.
- Stack finished items for further processing or shipment.
- Coordinates and controls the activities associated with maintaining the internal audit program.
- Manages the gauge calibration program, including performing in-house calibration and purchasing calibration services from approved third parties.
- Performs receiving inspections for products and raw materials received as required, including filing all paperwork, and performing transactions in the ERP system. (as a backup)
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills – Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality Control Analysis – Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Computer Skills – Internet software; Made2Manage Manufacturing software; Excel or equivalent Spreadsheet software; and Word or equivalent Word Processing software.
Using a computer application to create, manipulate, edit, and show virtual slide presentations.
Using scroll bars, a mouse, and dialog boxes to work within the computer’s operating system. Being able to access and switch between applications and files of interest.
Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing
Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) or Work Equivalent
- 3+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid state driver’s license
- ISO 9001 (or similar quality management system standard) familiarity preferred.
- Previous Manufacturing experience is a plus
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision; Distance vision; Peripheral vision; Depth perception; Ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer a wide variety of company benefits:
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Flex Benefit Plan – health and dependent care
- Company-paid life insurance
- Voluntary-based life insurance
- Company-paid telehealth benefit
- Company provided Employee Assistance Plan
- Supplemental Aflac insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Generous PTO benefit
- 11 paid holidays, including employee birthday and anniversary holiday
- Tuition Assistance Program
OCV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, medical condition or disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any unsolicited resume or other candidate submittal sent to OCV, or subsidiary company, including unsolicited resumes sent to an OCV mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to OCV employees, will be considered OCV property. OCV will consider any candidate for whom a(n) Recruiter/Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Recruiter/Agency free of any charges or fees.