2420 Pressure Reducing Pilot / N.O. (High Pressure Type)
The Model 2420 is a two-way, normally open pilot that senses pressure under its diaphragm and balances it against an adjustable spring load. An increase in pressure above the spring set point tends to make the pilot close.
The Model 2420 is the standard pilot for OCV Series 127HP Pressure Reducing Valves. Sensing downstream pressure and closing at the set point, modulates the main valve to maintain the required pressure.
There are other applications for the Model 2420 as a normally open, pressure to close control.
- Normally Open, increasing pressure closes
- 200 – 750 psig spring range
- Can be local or remote sensed
- Simple adjustment
- All parts replaceable while mounted on valve
- Stainless steel construction
- Rubber to metal seat for positive shut-off
MODEL 2420 MATRIX
Model 2420 Pressure Reducing Pilot:
Stainless Steel ASTM A743/CF8-M
Elastomers (diaphragm, seat disc, o-rings)
- Buna-N (Std.)
- Viton® (Opt.) Viton is a registered trademark of DuPont Dow Elastomers
- EPDM (Opt.)
200 – 750 psig / 1380 – 5170 kPa
Rubber components are typically the only parts that may require periodic replacement. These are available in kits consisting of the diaphragm, the seat disc and all O-rings.
Buna-N Kit – Part # 930016
Viton® Kit – Consult Factory
EPDM Kit – Consult Factory
The Model 2420 is shown on OCV Valve Schematics as:
|EXAMPLE: Shown here on a MODEL 127-3HP Pressure Reducing Control Valve.|