Series 66 Power Activated Valve
The Basic Control Valve 66 Globe and 66 Angle is a full port engineered valve. Equipped with two diaphragm chambers, sealed from each other by the diaphragm, and isolated from the valve’s main flow passage by an intermediate plate. By pressurizing one control chamber while simultaneously venting the other, the valve is positively powered to both open and close.
A large majority of OCV control valves have a single diaphragm chamber and operate off line pressure; more specifically, off the pressure differential between the inlet and outlet ports of the valve. There are, however, conditions that do not lend themselves to such an operation. For example, adequate differential to properly actuate the valve may not exist, the liquid being handled may be extremely dirty or otherwise unsuitable, or design of the system may, for some reason, make it preferable to use an outside power source. Under such conditions, the OCV Power Actuated Valve 66/66A provides an excellent solution.
|Model||Model Sheet||Model Sheet (metric)||Specifications||Animation||Operations Manual|
|Model 66 Power Actuated Valve|
- Operates automatically off line pressure or independent pressure source.
- Heavy-duty, nylon-reinforced diaphragm isolates top chamber operating pressure from bottom chamber line pressure.
- Rectangular-shaped, soft seat seal provides drip-tight Class VI closure.
- Diaphragm assembly guided center and bottom.
- Throttling seat retainer for flow and pressure stability.
- Easily maintained without removal from the line.
- Diaphragm replaced without removing internal stem assembly.
- Replaceable seat ring.
- Alignment pins assure proper reassembly after maintenance.
- Center-tapped bonnet facilitates installation of position indicator or valve-actuated switches.
- Ductile iron and steel valves are epoxy-coated inside and out, for maximum corrosion protection.
- Valves are factory tested.
- Valves are serial numbered and registered to facilitate replacement parts and factory support.
Applying pressure to the upper diaphragm chamber and simultaneously venting the lower chamber (typically to drain) causes the valve to go fully closed.
Applying pressure to the lower diaphragm chamber and simultaneously venting the upper chamber (typically to drain) causes the valve to go fully open.
Locking pressures in both the upper and lower diaphragm chamber simultaneously allows for holding the valve in a position other than full open or closed.
For maximum efficiency, the OCV control valve should be mounted in a piping system so that the valve bonnet (cover) is in the top position. Other positions are acceptable but may not allow the valve to function to its fullest and safest potential. In particular, please consult the factory before installing 8″ and larger valves, or any valves with a limit switch, in positions other than described. Space should be taken into consideration when mounting valves and their pilot systems.
A routine inspection & maintenance program should be established and conducted yearly by a qualified technician. Consult our factory @ 1-888-628-8258 for parts and service.
HOW TO ORDER YOUR VALVE
When Ordering please provide:
Series Number – Valve size – Globe or Angle – Pressure Class – Screwed, Flanged, Grooved – Trim Material – Adjustment Range – Pilot Options – Special needs / or installation requirements.